Sunday, November 4, 2007

2009 Hyundai Sonata


It's no secret among my circle of friends that I am a big Hyundai fan. I've always been one to root for the underdog and have enjoyed seeing this once fledgling car company slowly become a powerhouse player for world dominance--car wise, in the minds of customers.

It all began when I purchased my first new Hyundai, a 1993 turbo scoupe, as my first new car. Then Hyundai was just beginning to develop its own engines, the 1.5 liter alpha engine, and begin decreasing its reliance on Mitshubshi powerplants.

What a difference a decade or more can make in a car companies design, quality, and preception in the minds of American customers. Quite a difference, if you take a look at Hyundai's new 2009 Sonata with a mild refreshing of its hit mid-size sedan. Mild it my be, but its just enough to keep the buying momentum on the boil.

You first notice the new chrome grill and bumper accents that brighten up the front-end styling giving it a bit more upscale appeal like its big brother the Azera. In addition, larger headlamps with clear lenses provide an added fresh look to the front. The overall all look is a heavier front appearance than on the current Sonota. I'll be curious to see how the lines flow in person.









- A. Carter

No comments: