Sunday, November 4, 2007

2008 Chevy Malibu

Since the introduction of the 2008 Cadillac CTS I haven't been this excited about a new GM car in a while. The new Chevy Malibu is soon to hit the streets and I have a good feeling about the latest rendition of Chevy's new family sedan.

The general is hoping the new Malibu among other yet to be released new designs will wash clean the old ideas we Americans have about their past products. GM even acknowledges their forgettable previous offerings in its new Chevy Malibu commerical now airing nationwide.

I must say, after seeing this fresh perspective on what an American car can be, I am starting to forget the old conservatively bland Malibu they currently offer.


The first thing you notice about the new Malibu is its upscale appearance of a car costing thousands more than it actual does. When I first looked at the released photos, I immediately noticed Acuraesque design elements in the B-pillars.

In addition to the clean side profile, the rear has a wide stance giving it a tide to the road look that is clean and German-like.Of course there is nothing groundbreaking here, but when you consider the Mablibu designs of the past it is breaking new ground in that respect. Added touches of chrome round-out the bright work that gives a clean sport appearance.

Up front you are met with a large split grill, which seems to be a common design trend among many automakers today. I believe Chevy is adopting this as the look of the future for all Chevys. Overall, I am impressed. Now if they can assemble this new gem together well, I think we'll have a winner.

-A. Carter

No comments: